The School Board approved a re-opening plan that includes that Blue Hill Community Schools will use the South Heartland District Health Department Risk Dial to help assess where the school is at to determine how instruction will take place. In the SHDHD, new positive tests are trending up in the weekly case counts. Currently, the risk level is at the top of Yellow (moderate) and could soon switch over to Orange. As you review the plan note that we will start school in Yellow and could soon switch over to Orange.
Highlights of the Yellow Plan:
- Student instruction will occur in-person in the classroom.
- The first day of school will be Wednesday, August 12 (9:30 a.m. start).
- All students will not be required to wear face coverings at all times but will be strongly encouraged to do so.
- All district teachers, staff, employees, and volunteers will not be required to wear face coverings at all times, but are strongly encouraged to do so.
- Parents are responsible for temperature and health screenings.
- All students who are enrolled in the school district must attend school every day when school is open for in-person instruction unless the student’s illness makes attendance impossible or impractical or is otherwise excused by board policy.