Blue Hill Community Schools is hiring a para-educator for the 2019-20 school year.
- 9-month position (August - May)
- Hours: 7:45 am - 3:45 pm, Monday - Thursday; 7:45 am-2:45 pm, Friday
- Work days will coincide with the school calendar
- Wage dependent on prior experience.
Para-Educator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the educational and social development of students under the direction and guidance of teachers
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom
- Supervise students in class, between classes, during lunch and recess
Para-Educator Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree, or 48 hours or more of full-time college coursework equivalent
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Encouraging to students and patient when reviewing materials
- Ability to serve as a positive role model and mentor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable in a team-player role
- Single insurance
- Five days paid leave
- Nebraska Public Employees Retirement Plan
Please fill out an online application - Blue Hill Para-Educator Application or pick up an application at the elementary school office. Contact Lori Toepfer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like an application emailed to you.
Taking applications until the position is filled.